Thursday, February 22, 2007

Welcome to My Blog!

I'm Cale Clarke, Catholic speaker and writer. I'm the director of FX: The Faith Explained, a seminar series on the Catholic faith. I also am a Pastoral Assistant at St. Justin, Martyr Parish in Unionville, Ontario.

I'm far more famous, however, for being married to Tricia, and somewhat less famous for my bodacious basketball skills and my groovy golf swing.

People have been asking me for a while if I have a website. Well, I do now!

I decided to go with a blog, rather than a traditional website (for now) for two reasons: One, I figured this would be a good way for friends and family to keep in touch, keep up to date, and, hopefully, to entertain them in the process; and, two, it was easier to set up than a regular website! I didn't have to know web design to do this - and that's a good thing, because I don't! I am, after all, still a technological idiot, as well as a two-finger typist (kinda like one of those hack sportswriters you see in old movies, minus the dangling cigar).

Actually, Rocco Palmo over at Whispers in the Loggia (whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com) encouraged me (without even knowing it) to go the blog route via his interview with Fr. Tom Rosica on Salt and Light Television's Witness. Now, Rocco gets over 20, 000 hits a day on his blog, yet says that he's not really that good with computers. All he has to do, he said, is type his post, enter it, and, boom, it's done. "Is it really that simple?" I thought. I'm happy to report that it is! It only took minutes to officially enter the blogosphere.

So, now that I'm here, what will I be writing about? The Faith, of course - not to do so would constitute false advertising! But, you can expect much more - musings on pop culture, sports, or whatever else happens to interest me.

This has been plenty long enough for a welcome post already...now, on to the good stuff! Enjoy!