Friday, March 23, 2007

Swamp Blog

As I mentioned earlier, my wife and I just returned from Florida, and I thought I'd take this opportunity to thank my friend Sean for the great time we had with him up in Gainesville, home of the University of Florida.

Sean (that's him on the right) is a PhD student in Religion there, and is a good friend of mine from back home in Nova Scotia. Sean is probably the funniest guy I know, and was one heckuva college point guard in his day.

Here we are in "the Swamp", the famous football stadium where the UF Gators play. Currently Florida is home to the reigning U.S. National football and basketball champions - not bad, eh? Actually, I hereby predict the bball team will return to the Final Four, and that they'll beat Ohio State in the final, just as their football team did to win their championship.

Sean, thanks for the great time at UF. It was a fun evening. Sorry that in this picture of us I had to fold my arms over my hands in such a way as to widen my biceps, making me appear even more poweful than I already am. But, of course, you know that I'm still much stronger than you at any rate.

You are truly "living the life" down in Florida, my friend! Thanks for the tour of Gainesville!

No comments: