Sunday, April 29, 2007

Pssst! Do You Know "The Secret"?

I would like to cordially invite all in the Toronto area to my next FX: The Faith Explained Seminar, "The Secret: A Catholic Response", this Wednesday, May 2, at 7:30 PM at St. Justin, Martyr Parish (this talk will immediately follow the 7 PM Mass).

The Secret , a book written by Rhonda Byrne, has rocketed to the top of the bestseller lists, and features a companion DVD. Oprah Winfrey has promoted it on her TV Show, and many Catholics have been swept up in the hoopla as well.

What is "The Secret?" It's something Bryrne "discovered" called the "Law of Attraction", and she alleges that anyone can tap into its power to bring untold wealth, great relationships, and just about anything one might desire into their life.

Should we as Catholics be concerned? Is there anything in "The Secret" that is inimical to our faith? Find out this Wednesday! Until then, we would do well to meditate on this not-so-secret "Law of Attraction":

Jesus said, "When I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all people to myself" (John 12:32).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As expected, the talk about "The Secret" was excellent. It was indeed very enlightening. I am not even gonna buy nor read that book! I still believe that God has full control of my life and obedience to HIS will not MY will matters the most!

KJ

Cale Clarke said...

Thanks, KJ, for attending...and for the encouragement!